Have you ever wondered where your family came from in China, and what's left there?
If you want to visit your family's hometown, but can't make the trip to China, our field researchers are here to help!
We'll track down your hometown and preserve your village in a beautiful curated photographic report— perfect for sharing with the whole family.
Our village visit doubles as an investigation, where we can uncover relatives, stories, documents and other traces of your family.
How it Works
- First, we'll ask you for information about your ancestors and where they came from.
- We'll track down the modern location and name of the hometown.
- We'll reach out to the village in preparation for our visit.
- We'll send one of our roots detectives and photographers to capture the village, interview distant relatives, and preserve any traces left of your family.
- We'll compile our findings into a beautiful report for you.
- We'll jump on a call with you to present our findings and answer any questions you might have.
Sample ReportExplore our live demo ➞
Many of us feel the call of past generations and yearn for this connection even though separated by much time and distance. But how to begin this journey when one does not know the language nor the country? MyChinaRoots was the perfect intermediary. I cannot speak highly enough of them. The research they offer is professional and comprehensive. The final report is amazing.